- Size Specific tune
Size Specific Tune ensures that riders of all sizes get the right balance of small-bump compliance, mid-stroke support, and end-stroke progressiveness. Rocky Mountain's design team does custom shock tunes based on real world field testing, and adjusts each tune for specific frame sizes.
- FORM alloy
FORM tubesets utilize premium materials to meet strict requirements. Each FORM tube that RM creates is engineered for its specific purpose within the frame, ensuring optimized strength, weight, and ride quality.
- Smoothlink suspension
Smoothlink suspension is efficient yet supple when youre on the pedals and across a wide range of gears. It features a controlled end-stroke and a rate-curve that feels more capable than the travel would suggest. This four-bar suspension design philosophy is centred on ride characteristics; each bike platform Rocky Mountain develops balances variables like anti-squat, axle path, chain growth, rate curve, anti-rise, etc. to achieve the legendary Rocky Mountain ride feel.
- Smoothwall carbon
Smoothwall carbon uses one of the worlds most sophisticated carbon processes to deliver industry leading stiffness-to-weight, ride quality, and durability. Excess resin and fibers is eliminated by using rigid internal molds instead of traditional air bladders. Different types of carbon are then utilized in specific frame areas to maximize stiffness and impact resistance while minimizing overall weight.
|Top Tube Length:||627||657|
|Head Tube Angle:||65.9||65.9|
|Head Tube Length:||110||120|
|Seat Tube Length:||470||508|
|Bottom Bracket Drop:||19||19|
Rocky Mountain Instinct Carbon 90 BC Edition 2019
- Season:Summer 2019
- Frame:SMOOTHWALL Carbon. Full Sealed Cartridge Bearings. Press Fit BB. Internal Cable Routing.
- Fork:Fox 36 Float EVOL GRIP2 Performance Elite 160mm
- Front Travel:160mm
- Shock:Fox Float DPX2 Performance Elite
- Rear Travel:155mm
- Headset:FSA Orbit NO.57E Extend-o-matic
- Stem:Rocky Mountain 35 CNC
- Handlebar:Race Face Turbine R 780mm
- Grips:Rocky Mountain Lock On XC
- Brakes:Sram Code R / Sram Centerline 200mm / Sram Centerline 200mm
- Brake Levers:Sram Code R
- Shifters:Sram GX Eagle
- Rear Derailleur:Sram GX Eagle
- Cranks & Chainrings:Sram Stylo 7k Eagle 32T
- Bottom Bracket:Sram BB92 DUB
- Cassette:Sram XG-1275 10-50T
- Chain:Sram GX Eagle
- Front Hub:Rocky Mountain Sealed Boost 15mm
- Rear Hub:DT Swiss 370 Boost 148mm
- Spokes:WTB 1.8-1.6
- Rims:Race Face ARC 30 Tubeless Ready - Tape / Valves Incl
- Tires:Maxxis Minion DHF WT Maxx Terra 3C Tubeless Ready 29 x 2.5 / Maxxis Minion DHR II WT Maxx Terra 3C Tubeless Ready 29 x 2.4
- Seatpost:Race Face Turbine R (by Fox) Dropper 30.9mm
- Saddle:WTB Volt Race