Spark Surge ST Pro Splitboard Bindings 2023
If your order total is CA$99* or more before taxes, you're eligible for free shipping within Canada on almost all items. Unfortunately we cannot ship bikes & other large items. *Exclusions apply incl Whistler & North Shore inventory.
Surge ST Pro Splitboard Bindings feature all the same great assets as Spark's standard Surge ST Bindings - ST Tech, T1 Binding System, Tesla Snap Ramps, solid baseplates, stiff Asym Highbacks, responsive Pillow Line Straps - but they are tuned up with premium materials and custom versions.
- In the Box: Splitboad bindings, ST Brackets, T1 Heel Rests, aluminum mounting screws, and Spark Pocket Tool.
- Weight: 1.36 lbs/ea (620g) - 2.73 lbs/pr (1240g) – Medium
- Asym Rip 'N' Flip Highbacks: Spark's NEW Surge ST Pro Asym Rip ‘N’ Flip Highback is made from carbon-reinforced nylon in a ratio designed for a stiff ride and maximum response. The Asym Highbacks have been redesigned in 22/23 and now feature individual left and right highbacks for improved ergonomics. The upper section of the highback is flatter allowing for increased lateral mobility. All Rip ‘N’ Flip Highbacks incorporate a tool-free forward lean adjuster (FLAD) that easily toggles between tour and ride mode.
- ST Touring Brackets: ST Touring Brackets incorporate the best features of aluminum and thermoplastics. Spark overmolds their custom plastic blend over and through the holes in the aluminum base, forming bushings that last four times longer than their previous brass version.
- ST Whammy Bars: The ST Whammy Bar Climbing Wire is built right into the baseplate. Overmolded plastic where the bar contacts the baseplate allows for super-smooth climbing wire position changes in the steeps. You can switch easily from stowed, to low (12°), to high (18°), and back again while touring.
- Pillow Line Straps: Surge ST Pro Pillow Line Straps are made with premium Pebax® plastics. They are lightweight, durable, comfortable, waterproof, one-piece molded construction, and made 100% in-house. Surge ST Ankle Straps are wide and asymmetrical around the boot for incredible all-around support. Toe straps are designed to be used as a toe cap, but also fit nicely as a traditional strap across the top of the boot.
- Puck Compatibility: Slide them on and snap the ramp down. Snap the ramp up and slide them off. The most functional way to attach your binding to your board in ride mode. Period. Spark R&D bindings are designed to work with all puck compatible splitboard models.
- Tesla Snap Ramp: T1 System bindings slide sideways into the offset Tesla touring bracket and are locked into place with Spark's snap ramp. No pins, no cables, no fiddle factor. Integrated Ibex crampon mounting claws on touring brackets make for quick and easy installation and removal. Pivot pins have been hollowed out and are 33% lighter than standard pins.
- Custom Hardware: Weight savings add up by replacing stainless steel hardware with custom-made 7075-T6 aluminum hardware. Aluminum parts are 65% lighter than Spark's standard stainless steel parts and are made with hex drives instead of phillips heads which are less likely to strip.
- Buckles & Plastics: Ladders and adjusters are produced in-house with Pebax® premium thermoplastics which maintain flex over a wide temperature range, performing well on spring tours as well as sub-zero suffer fests. It's also 20% lighter than Spark's standard material. All straps incorporate Burton's time-tested bomber buckles.