Jones Hovercraft Snowboard 2023
If your order total is CA$99* or more before taxes, you're eligible for free shipping within Canada on almost all items. Unfortunately we cannot ship bikes & other large items. *Exclusions apply incl Whistler & North Shore inventory.
The Hovercraft has gained a devoted following due to its nimble maneuverability and diverse performance as an alternative freeride board. Its unique and compact shape is designed with a short tail and long sidecut, allowing riders to make turns of any size. To maximize its surface area in a small package, the Hovercraft is intended to be ridden shorter than your average freeride board. Its directional rocker profile and 3D Contour Base 3.0 provide exceptional float in any snow condition, while the Traction Tech 1.0 edges ensure added edge grip. The board's new look features a refined Engineered Veneer Topsheet and a black + transparent base, with laser-etched topsheet markings that eliminate all solvent inks. With no inks used in the production of the board, including the sidewalls, the new Hovercraft is Jones' most sustainable board yet.
- Directional Rocker: A hybrid rocker/camber flex pattern defined by more tip rocker then tail rocker and camber between the bindings. The rockered tip floats the board’s nose and improves maneuverability while the camber underfoot provides edge hold and response. A slightly rockered tail maintains the power and stability of a traditional board but helps keep the tail catch-free initiating turns and landing switch.
- Sintered 8000 Base: New super durable material made from Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW-PE) and carbon. Base is easily repairable, highly wax absorbent and wicked fast.
- Wend Natural Wax: Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with WEND natural wax.
- Biax fiberglass: A dual-direction, dual-layer, stitched fiberglass laminate that provides a fun, forgiving and snappy ride.
- Bio Resin: Bio Resin is a bio-based epoxy made with 27% plant-based carbon instead of petroleum-based carbon. The organic raw materials used to make bio-resin are co-products or waste products of plant-based industrial processes. Bio-resin requires 33% less greenhouse gas emissions to produce than conventional epoxy.
- Oversized recycled edges: All Jones boards are made with oversized recycled steel edges for added durability and improved production sustainability.
- Recycled ABS Sidewalls: ABS Plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. We improve the sustainability of our snowboards by using only recycled plastic.
- Factory Tuned: All Jones Snowboards are factory de-tuned at the tip and tail so you can go right from the shop to the mountain.
- Forever Flex: Forever Flex is a new manufacturing process that helps stabilise the flex and rocker of a board for its lifetime.
- Engineered Wood Veneer: New composite wood veneer topsheets. Wood veneer topsheets dampen ride and absorb board chatter.
- No Ink!Laser engraved graphics: The Hovercraft series now features laser etched topsheet graphics that eliminate toxic inks.
- Classic Core: Full wood premium poplar core than offers fun pop, even flex and solid durability.
|Size (cm)||Tip Width (mm)||Waist Width (mm)||Tail Width (mm)|
Size chart provided by manufacturer