K2 Alchemist Snowboard 2023
If your order total is CA$99* or more before taxes, you're eligible for free shipping within Canada on almost all items. Unfortunately we cannot ship bikes & other large items. *Exclusions apply incl Whistler & North Shore inventory.
The North Star in the K2 Snowboarding snowboard offering, and the marquee of the Landscape Collection, the Alchemist is a hard-charging, directional freeride board for a skilled rider. Targeted to please the advanced to expert level snowboarder, the Alchemist is packed with functional technology. This snowboard features two unique technologies from the K2 camp; the SpaceGlass™ tip insert and the patented Spectral Braid. SpaceGlass™ is a pre-cured fiberglass insert that helps reduce weight, reduce chatter, and increase edge pressure. Spectral Braid is a technology that allows us to adjust tip-to-tail stiffness independently from the torsional stiffness. This lets us make a torsionally stiffer snowboard in the tip and tail to promote edge hold while keeping it more relaxed between the feet to allow for easy turn initiation.
New for 2022-2023, K2 has added their Recess3D technology to the nose of the Alchemist. This technology removes material from the board, adding a visual depth to the top sheet while helping to reduce weight and chatter without sacrificing strength.
A combination of rider input, premium technology, and 35 years of building snowboards culminate in showcasing the most aggressive and precision-crafted snowboard K2 has ever made. The Alchemist stands alone as the most premium offering in freeride snowboarding today.
- S1 CORE: NEW! S1 Core - Smooth flexing and durable enough to pack a five-year warranty, the S1 Core is made from three renewable species of timber - Bamboo, Aspen, and Paulownia. Aspen and Bamboo work together to highlight the snap and response of this wood and a Bamboo-dominant underfoot section at 30° to increase strength, supercharge the edge-to-edge response, and increase the pressure distribution along the edge. K2 has also placed lightweight paulownia in the tip and tail to help to reduce swing weight.
- SPECTRAL BRAID (ALCHEMIST): An integrated carbon weave that runs the entire length of the board, intersecting at 90º angles in the tip and tail for adding torsional rigidity and responsiveness and a more relaxed angle between the inserts for handling and maneuverability.
- SPACEGLASS™: A pre-cured fiberglass insert placed in the board's tip to reduce swing weight and add durability and maneuverability.
- RECESS 3D: By reducing the number of materials in low-stress zones, we’re able to minimize the swing weight of your snowboard while also reducing chatter in the tip and tail - all without sacrificing strength.
- CARBON POWER FORK™: A pre-cambered carbon inlay in the tail of your snowboard gives the board energy in and out of turns and adds extra pop for takeoffs and landings.
- WAX INFUSED SINTERED 4001 BASE: Wax-Infused Sintered 4001 Base - Built using the hardest and fastest Sintered base material on the market from Crown, the Wax-Infused Sintered 4001 holds wax longer than other Sintered bases for a smoother glide, longer.
- SNO-PHOBIC TOP SHEET: This top sheet material sheds unwanted snow build-up, keeping your snowboard light and nimble.
- 2 X 4 INSERT BINDING MOUNTING: 2x4 Insert packs allow for secure binding mounting while optimizing stance-width options.
|Size||Tip / Tail / Waist||Sidecut||Weight Range (lbs)||Weight Range (kg)|
|157||29.7 - 25.0 - 29.1||7.82||120 - 200+||54kg - 91kg+|
|159W||31.1 - 26.3 - 30.5||7.98||130-230+||59kg - 104kg+|
|160||30.1 - 25.3 - 29.5||7.98||130-230+||59kg - 104kg+|
|163||30.5 - 25.6 - 29.9||8.14||130-230+||59kg - 104kg+|
|164W||31.5 - 26.6 - 30.9||8.14||130-230+||59kg - 104kg+|