K2 Format Snowboard Boots 2023
If your order total is CA$99* or more before taxes, you're eligible for free shipping within Canada on almost all items. Unfortunately we cannot ship bikes & other large items. *Exclusions apply incl Whistler & North Shore inventory.
The Format is absolutely packed with tech. It starts with a foundation of a zonal closure system and articulating cuff to reduce shell distortion and provide consistent heel hold.
The shell lacing features the H4/M3 Zonal BOA® Fit System with TX3 BOA® Rope Laces. The upper shell lacing is powered by an H4 Coiler BOA® dial, and the lower shell lacing is controlled by an M3 BOA® dial, allowing the rider to independently control the upper and lower zones of the boot for the perfect fit.
The exterior uses bulletproof HDR Premium Synthetic materials - this helps to resist abrasion and makes for a longer-lasting snowboard boot. Inside, K2's Intuition® Pro Foam 3D Liner can be heat molded to your foot and ankle's exact shape and size. K2 added their heat-reflective SpaceHeater™ material to the boot to help keep feet warm and dry.
Underfoot, K2's all-new ultra-rugged Vibram® V5 Outsole provides industry-leading traction and durability in all conditions and terrain. This Vibram® rubber compound comprises at least 30% recycled rubber. Better grip, better for the environment. The V5 rubber outsole is wrapped around a midsole made up of a traditional EVA and K2's proprietary Harshmellow™ material - helping to absorb impact, increase damping, and provide a more "quiet" feel while snowboarding.
- H4/M3 ZONAL BOA® FIT SYSTEM:Impact-resistant, durable, and performance-driven, the H4 BOA® Dial ejects on severe impact and is easily re-inserted into the boot. The H4 dial controls the upper shell lacing, while the M3 dial controls the lower shell lacing.
- TX3 BOA® ROPE LACING:A softer lace made specifically for snowboard boots that provides a more even fit over the body of the boot shell versus a steel lace.
- 3-POINT HARNESS LINER LACING:The 3-Point Harness is a straightforward solution that doesn’t skimp on support. Instead, this system aims to optimize heel hold while providing ankle support and unrivaled stability to help reduce fatigue. A taller Pro Version is found on Orton and Format models for additional support.
- VIBRAM® V5 RUBBER OUTSOLE:K2's most premium rubber compound provides industry leading durability and grip and integrated with Harshmellow™ foam to absorb chatter and vibration.
- INTUITION® SPACEHEATER™ LINER:A liner designed for comfort and warmth, from start to finish. It features reflective heat blanket panels that work to trap heat in and keep cold out. These reflective heat blankets work alongside heat moldable Intuition® foam, internal J-Bars, and 3D molded, dual- density EVA insoles to keep your foot comfortable and warm all day long.
- ARTICULATING UPPER CUFF:Articulating cuff upper helps reduce shell distortion when flexing forward into the snowboard boot.
- HDR™ PREMIUM SYNTHETIC UPPER:Eight times more durable than a standard polyurethane material, HDR Premium Synthetics is a proprietary synthetic durable finish designed for extreme conditions. The dynamic resin system provides exceptional abrasion and durability beyond traditional synthetic materials.
- ENDO™ 2.0 CONSTRUCTION:A K2 Snowboarding exclusive, Endo™ Construction, allows us to alter a snowboard boot's flex, response, and rebound without adding extra materials (extra materials = excess weight). By replacing additional materials with an injected heel counter, adding an extra rebound is as easy as a formula change. In addition, it helps us to provide a more consistent flexing, longer-lasting snowboard boot.
- HARSHMELLOW™ VIBRATION DAMPING:Harshmellow™ is a magical dampening system that replaces industry-standard foam dampening materials. Harshmellow™ is strategically placed to dampen vibration underfoot to provide a more “quiet” feel underfoot, reduce vibration from impact, and reduce fatigue while snowboarding.
- 3D FORMED DUAL DENSITY EVA FOOTBED:Dual-density EVA foam provides contouring cushioning and support to support snowboarding all day long.
- FLEX ZONE CALF PANEL:Flexible neoprene is placed at the liner's cuff to reduce pressure points on calf muscles.